Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Update--Life Happens

For those of you who don't know I am a college student. And it is officially finals week. This coming Thursday will be my last final, and my last quarter at CBC. Thank goodness. I am looking forward to summer this year. Matt and I have a lot planned to do this summer.Kicking it off is not only finals, but on Monday is my hubby's 29th birthday! He did not want anything except for a camping trip with the boys.

My hubby is a survivalist. I talk about it briefly in Our Fairy Tale, but to clarify, he has put together buckets of food "just in case". Now don't get me wrong, at least this hobby is better than some out there. Although I have often at times wondered if it bordered on paranoia, but know his story as to why he has to be prepared helps me realize why he does it.  So I can forgive him for this:


Yes this is my front porch. I honestly can not wait for it to be gone! I am really looking forward to it. I will have my front porch back again! Yes all of that is food. Food that he is going to bury. Where? I have no clue, but I hope that he has fun doing it. As for me? I am just happy it is going to be gone.

While he does that, I am going to be doing A LOT of this:

Copyright Google Images

And now time for some Wee Bit Wednesday with Leigh Ashley:

{one} how many times have you been a bridesmaid/maid of honor?
Once and it was only because no one else stepped up to help the bride or took on the honor of it when I asked who it was. They all pointed at me, so the bride asked me if I wanted to. I said yes only because she was a friend and needed someone there for her.




{two} what’s the last thing your do before you fall asleep at night?
I usually try to read a chapter in my latest book.




{three} you just won your dream vacation, all expenses paid. where are you going?
To Ireland or Scotland one of the two. Shoot I would just rather take a cruise and visit them both along with Europe and Germany. I know...high expectations right?




{four} what is your favorite outdoor activity?
Camping! With lots and lots of hiking and exploring.




{five} as a child, what did you want to “be when you grew up”? did you end up there?
An art teacher. I am still working on it, so when it does happen I will let you all know.




{six} what are 3 things your dream home would have that you don’t currently have?
A sprinkler system,a HUGE kitchen, and a garage.




{seven} what’s for dinner tonight?
Good question, I have not really even thought that far. I should probably go thaw out some chicken and make something healthy.




{eight} if someone stopped by your house unannounced on a typical Saturday night, what would they find you doing?
Well they wouldn't find me at home that is for sure. Most of the time my friends drag me out. Not that I am complaining or anything because I enjoy my time with my friends. My husband is at work so unless I have a lot of homework I am usually on the go.




{nine} what’s your average monthly water bill?
My water and electricity are billed together, so it’s usually right around $150. I have no clue as to why it is always that high, probably has something to do with owning a home.




{ten} what do you do to relax?
I read, write or paint/draw. Sometimes I get on my PS3 and kill things, depending on my mood or what happened during the day.