Saturday, October 1, 2011

Baby Update


Wow, the last few days I have been so exhausted! The morning sickness has subsided but I think it is only a temporary reprieve. Of course it would be nice if it was gone already. Other than heartburn most of the time and being super tired, most of my symptoms have vanished. I really don’t know if that is a good thing or not.

My first ultra sound is this coming Thursday; I am both super excited and scared out of my mind. I know I saw the nice plus sign four different times now but…

I am still afraid that there will be nothing in my womb. I know I can’t be the only one that has felt this before. I am conflicted, I know that everything will be fine and we will hear our baby’s heart beat and see him or her for the first time. Then there is that other part…

Matt and I have already seen one midwife and we are scheduled to go see the others in the Tri Cities. She eased Matt’s fear of having an at home birth, for which I am happy about. She answered all of our questions and then some. If we were to choose right then and there it would be her.

The reason we didn’t choose her right then and there is because we need to interview other midwives and not choose the first one that we come across.