Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Being Thankful




This time of year I see so many posts about being thankful. Well this year I have a lot more to be thankful for than usual. Other than the usual, being thankful for a roof over my head, food in my belly, the best husband a girl could ask for, and for my friends and family who have stuck with me through thick and thin. I am very thankful that this year I get to experience one of the most beautiful things a woman can go through.

As I transition from maiden to mother I am thankful that I have this opportunity to give life to something so precious. During this holiday season I am still thankful for those friends and family who are supporting us during this time. Most of all I am thankful for my husband who is just as excited as I am that we are having this little one. Come Christmas time we should know what we are having and I will officially be able to say we are having a little Kaileb Connor or a Brionna Skip on the way.

I am also thankful that one of my best friends came up with the most awesome idea to reveal our little ones gender. We will be doing a gender reveal party. So we are going to have the technician write on a piece of paper what the baby is and put it in an envelope. Then provided the little one cooperates and things go as planned for my birthday we will be having a birthday dinner at Red Robin where we will reveal the gender to everyone. Hopefully Red Robin will let us bring in our own cake. My bestie will be making a gender neutral cake, well the frosting will be gender neutral, but the inside will be either pink or blue. So when we cut into the cake we will finally know what we are having, along with the rest of our friends and family.

So you see, there is a lot to be thankful for this year. Maybe more thankful this year than previous years for all the blessings I have received this year and will receive next year.