Tuesday, December 20, 2011

You're a Mean One Mister Grinch


The last couple of days my emotions have been really screwy. If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook then you know that all I have done is really want to punch someone. Between all the stupid people on the road doing 10 under because oh em gee there is a cop next to them or because the weather man said it was foggy but you can see a mile in front of you; to the stupid holiday shoppers. Bah humbug! Not really, but people seem to be so rude. Like today I pulled into a parking spot and got out and someone who could have been my Grandma drove past me and called me a bitch. Apparently she was circling around to take that parking spot. Well I did not know that. All I saw was an empty parking spot when I drove down that lane and I was the only car in the aisle, so what does that make me a bitch? On top of that it is obvious that I am pregnant now, so why would you want to aggravate me? This is not the first time since Black Friday that this has happened.

Honestly this behavior does not put me in the holiday spirit. My husband already has to work through the entire holiday, leaving me to travel by myself to my parent’s house in the Valley essentially spending the holidays alone. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the getaway ever now and again, but not during the holidays. I would rather have my husband with me. It truly makes it more enjoyable. Am I wrong to feel this way? Am I selfish to want my husband next to me during this time of year? I mean after all it is about family and friends right? This year has been really hard for me to get festive. I have tried. Shoot I even am going to a few solstice and Christmas parties coming up this week. I know I am going to have fun and hopefully some time out around friends with my hubby will help get me out of this funk.

Ugh, please someone tell me that this is just pregnancy hormones?