Wednesday, January 4, 2012

21 Weeks!





How far along:  21 weeks

How big is baby: about the size of a carrot or about three quarts of a pound and is approximately 10 ½ inches long.

Maternity clothes: yes, I have been wearing them since I was 15 weeks along.

Stretch marks: I am starting to get some, but for the most part keeping them at bay with lotions and oils. Although I think I am going to lose the battle on this one though.

Sleep: Ha ha, what’s that? Seriously this pregnancy has my insomnia maxed out to the core. If I do happen to fall asleep before midnight I am back up around 2 or 3am and then asleep again around 7 or 8am which means I usually do not wake up until noon or after. Talk about your day being completely wasted.

Best moment this week: I started feeling Kaileb move around a lot more this week. I found out he loves cheddar broccoli soup. As soon as I ate it he started dancing in my belly. It was awesome!  

Belly button in or out: Still in, for now =]

Craving: Hash browns and eggs smothered in Tabasco sauce and chocolate milk. This has pretty much all I have been craving during this pregnancy.

What I miss: Being able to sleep on my belly. I used to do that all the time before I got pregnant. I can’t wait to do that again.

What am I looking forward to: hitting the 3rd trimester mark and call me crazy but I am looking forward to nesting. Maybe then I will actually have the energy to clean my house the way I want it to be done.

Milestones: His eyebrows and lids are present now.

I still do not really feel pregnant. Well other than the fact that I am seeing my belly grow bigger and bigger every week. I am so glad that I am taking pictures of this pregnancy to document it. Even if it is by crappy cell phone photos. I am still enjoying seeing my progress. Most days I just feel huge and struggle with the fact that I know I am gaining weight...although it seems to all be in my belly at the moment. I think that is because I have not really had any pregnancy symptoms what so ever. In the first trimester I was really fatigued but that is it. This trimester my energy is back and other than the food craving I have been having off and on, it still does not seem real. 

I am hoping it will soon since I am starting to feel him move more and more, but it is still so few and far between that it is easy to forget for a minute or two that I am growing a human being in my belly.