Friday, March 16, 2012

Only 9 Weeks Left! (baby bump update)

31 weeks! Everyone has told me that the last trimester drags on and on… Well it does not feel that way at all. It seems to be going full steam ahead just like this entire pregnancy has gone. I can’t believe that just a few weeks after my miscarriage I manage to conceive our precious little boy and finding out last September that we were pregnant. Now it is the middle of March and there are only 9 weeks left till I finally get to meet this little boy.
Turtle is a little wiggle worm. Although at times he can pretty much scare the crape out of me by not moving. Thankfully I have an awesome midwife who realizes I am a first time mom and will make late night runs to her clinic just to reassure me that he is okay.
I would post the questions I have been doing here (almost) every week, except I still do not feel like much has changed at all. The only new things that have come up is: heart burn is becoming almost an every day norm, and my right ankle likes to swell up.
What babycenter.com has to say about him this week:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.
Does it look like I am carrying four navel oranges:
31 weeks31 weeks bare belly
At 31 weeks this is my first bare belly picture. I was kind of nervous to post it. A good friend of mine reminded me that my stretch marks have been earned and I should be proud of my tiger stripes.
Oh and people are finally starting to get brazen about asking me about my pregnancy. I keep getting asked if I am ready to pop and when I tell them that I am not due till the middle of May their eyes get really big. Then of course they follow up with “are you sure there is only one baby in there?” To which I plaster a smile on my face and say “yup!” and walk away.
At least no one has tried to molest my tummy yet (other than friends and family who I’ve let know that it is okay to do so).
Tomorrow, I will post as to why I have been kind of MIA here lately on my blog.
Have a great day!


Happenings of the Harper Household