Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Acceptance

I meant to blog about this a while ago, but you all know how life has a way of getting ahead of you.

My word for the year is:

Acceptance.

I am learning to accept who I am, the body I have, the life I have chosen to live. Only then can I truly accept others for who they are.

The first step I took towards this was to do a photo shoot with Holly from H.A.R.D. Photography. She was doing a project called The Inked Skin You Are In. This was an all black and white series of tattooed Men and Women. All they needed was the inked skin they were in. All body styles, colors, sizes, styles...nothing but loving who they are for who they are.

Here are 2 of my photos:


 
I completely stepped outside my comfort zone with Holly here but she made me feel really comfortable in front of the camera (which is really hard to do for a photographer – mainly me). If you would like to see the rest of the photo series and a few more photos from my shoot go here.
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------

oh so many ways to follow along
”danni”danni ”danni”danni ”danni ”danni